1981, The Howland Job Bank, Howland, Maine — Odd job matching service for teens.
For work, Brent helps people start companies, obtain intellectual property, manage innovation, and do deals. He has been a technology lawyer since 1994. He is an adjunct professor of creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship at USF, Tampa. He was once young, hip, cool, and fun, but these days, he is slightly less young.
Brent is a founder or co-founder of:
- 2013, Renewable Energy Importers, Tampa — importer of used motor and vegetable oils for recycling;
- 2013, Moore’s Cloud, Tampa and Sydney, Australia — manufacturer of the world’s smartest Christmas lights;
- 2011, Gazelle Lab, Tampa Bay — TechStars startup accelerator and venture fund;
- 2009, DealerWizard, Tampa — maker of automotive dealership management software;
- 2009, Lextrovert, Tampa — provider of crowdsourced continuing legal education (defunct);
- 2009, LawMachine, Tampa and San Francisco — lawyer-client matching site (defunct);
- 2007, VerifIP, Tampa — maker of intellectual property portfolio management software;
- 1997, Britton, Silberman & Cervantez, San Francisco — technology law firm (acquired);
- 1996, Light Intertainment Corporation, Los Angeles — one of Hollywood’s first website design firms (acquired);
- 1991, Britton Enterprises, Boston — software engineering consultancy (defunct);
For fun, Brent plays classical piano, lifts weights, and runs. He also writes and speaks frequently on nearly any subject presented. He lives in Tampa, Florida, but spends as much time as possible in San Francisco.
Learn more about Brent on his slideshare page, his law firm bio, his linkedin page, his twitter feed, and his facebook page.